Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I bought an MX922 printer, but when I turn it on, the error

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I bought an MX922 printer, but when I turn it on, the error 5101 is displayed and I cannot continue with the instalation
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I bought it on amazon on April 25, 2016, Canon Prixma MX 922 wireless all in one printer
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I never installed the printer because I got this error from the begining
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't know.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 5 months ago.

Hello. I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can solve your problem.

This error indicates that there is protective material on the carriage of the printer, Please rove the cardboard and turn the printer off and then back on again.

If you have any other questions or additional problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. My goal is to provide you with the best possible customer service. If you are satisfied with my advice, please take a moment to rate my services.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where is the located the carriage of the printer. I think I have removed all the protective material of the printer (outside). There is protective material inside the printer?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How you can connect to the device if it doesn't work?

YOU CAN JUST IGORE THE MESSAGE REGARDING A SECURE REMOTE CONNECTION. IT SI SENT AUTOMATICALLY.