jinsmn
jinsmn, Engineer
Experience:  CAN PROVIDE SOLUTIONS FOR ISSUES RELATED TO COMPUTERS AND RELATED HARDWARE EQUIPMENTS.
50064670

Trying to print on freezer paper backed fabric. The printer

Customer Question

Trying to print on freezer paper backed fabric. The printer takes the fabric in and spits it back out. Absolutely refuses to print.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MG 2120 ; I'm guessing about 4 or 5 years old. Serial number is *****
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC OS 10.12.4
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: No problems. I thought it was related to the media I was trying to use. I have printed the file on paper. It prints. It just refuses to do so on fabric.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Printers
Expert:  jinsmn replied 5 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

If you can print on a paper without any problem and the printer spits back when you try with the paper back fabric, the problem is surely with that paper back fabric. From where you bought that? Is it compatible for printing on inkjet printers? Make sure, you are using high quality paper back fabrics that supports printing with inkjet printers.

Please remove every paper and fabric sheets from printer and load only one fabric sheet on printer at a time and try to print again. If it do not works, try to find a good quality fabric sheet.

Regards
Jins