UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network and System Administrator, IT Consultant
98676717

Forgot how to scan color slides in my Epson 4490 Photo

Customer Question

Forgot how to scan color slides in my Epson 4490 Photo flatbed. Can you e mail instructions? I have the holder.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Epson Perfection 4490 Photo, about ten years old but working perfectly.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Sony E Series laptop microsoft series 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Had not used slide scanner for awhile. . ,
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: .No thanks, ***** ***** use other functions without problem.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have the slide/film holder. Is there a switch on scanner that requires use for this only?
Expert:  UranIT replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com , I am Serge and I will try my best to assist you.

Here is the link to the manual about Scanning Slides: https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/pr449p/pr449pug/p05.htm

Here is the link to the online manual https://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/pr449p/pr449pug/i_index.htm

Let me know if you need any other information