John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have anew HP 6960 office jet printer with a usb 2.0 cable

Customer Question

I have anew HP 6960 office jet printer with a usb 2.0 cable connected to my Mac Book Pro laptop computer and can not get the computer to transmit to the printer---what am I doing wrong ?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: bought it today new----HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 All-in one series
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: all I know is it's an Apple MacBook Pro Lap top
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just bought the printer today and attempted to set it up ---and it works fine
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

Do you want to use our remote support service?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Cancel my request entirely ---I have resolved the problem---I have no need for your services now or in the future --remove my name , contact information and all references from your files
Thank you, ***** ***** Nelson