John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Have a brand new xp640 used glossy photo paper coming out

Customer Question

Peter have a brand new xp640 used glossy photo paper coming out running ink and smudged picture....tried to do an 8x10 could me mail you the print scanned? thanks
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: XP640 about three weeks...2nd time I tried to print a picture I used a regular 8x11 sheet of paper it came out fine....photo paper no!
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: John I believe a PC not sure not really an IT guy 71 years old you know what I mean...
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I brought the picture up on the computer it asked me what size type of paper hit print went through the cycle and to much ink on the photo paper when it came out
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Every thing seems to be okay....but the printer is brand new...could see if it was on its way out or the printer heads had to be cleaned...the last time I spoke to one of these guys he wanted my credit card # if this guy is going to do this forget it!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Can you print simple documents, without any problem?