John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Epson 845 Workforce, Error message: Incorrect Paper size

Customer Question

Epson 845 Workforce
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Error message: Incorrect Paper size detected, Load correct paper size
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac, latest Sierra same problem previous versions. Have read ***** *****nigans not of two years ago...none of which works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I match paper sizes in all hdwe/sftwe dialogs, select my print range, print...first page pops out, printer stops and delivers the message
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: assume this isn't free?
JA: The Printer Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: guaranteed fix?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I signed off cause I was presented with "deal screens" to automatically sign up to a program...where I have to unenroll....sorry, don't like that practice. All I wanted was an answer.. .Don't charge me...i have no answer..
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Please answer the below questions.

Are you trying to print from the PC or make copies?

Do you get the error message on the printer screen or PC?

Are you trying to print on normal A4 or letter size paper or any special media, like photo paper etc.?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Epson Workforce 845, 4 1/2 years old
Trying to print from PC (iMac, latest OSX) as well as copying direct from printer. Paper size set to "letter" or "us letter" in both the software and the printer settings.
The error message is on the printer screen vs computer monitor. Always prints one page then follows up with the error message.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also, not using anything but regular 8.5 x 11 printer paper... nothing unusual like card stick, glossy, our photo paper. Just plain ills paper
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Plain old paper...
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

So, you mean, you get this message, when you try to make copies also?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If more than one, say a three page stack on the document feeder for copying, I get the message and the second page is notprinted
Expert:  Sudipto replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the update, the problem seems to be caused due to corrupt firmware, but first try to find out the option to reset the printer to default setting as there is nothing mentioned by Epson for this function, you have to find it under Setup, just press the menu button and then, select Setup and scroll through the menu under setup and if you find reset settings, then, select it and check for the reset to default settings.