John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have the hp 5530 im trying to print my page but its weird

Customer Question

hi yes so i have the hp 5530 im trying to print my page but its weird because the color is blue and its printing streaks of pink
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: its not that old, i just bought it this year its HP envy 5530 i bougth it last year* around septemeber
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: mac os siera it just started i never print such large surface areas of color so i only noticed it today ive tried cleaning the print head with the built in function and clean ink smear function its printing fine in those squares but when i print the actual page pink streaks come out again
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope alright
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Are you saying it was purchased in september of 16?
If you make a copy from the glass, how does that come out?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it was purchased around september. i cant remember the exact date.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
im not sure how i could do that because right now i dont have that exact thing in a printed copy. im trying to print something and tis coming up pink instead of blue