John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I'm going from comcast cable to directv. my printer is on a

Customer Question

i'm going from comcast cable to directv. my printer is on a wireless modem. mg5720. will i have to do something to continue printing from my laptop?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Cody replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 6 months ago.

You will have to connect the printer to the new wireless network to be able to print.

The printer will then have a new IP address more than likely, so you'll have to install the printer again or modify the port that your computer is using for that printer currently. Go to start menu > control panel > printers > right click on printer > printer properties > ports tab > add new port > standard tcp/ip > and enter new IP address of printer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when i get the converted equipment on line, i will take further action. Talk to you thurs. evening.
Expert:  Cody replied 6 months ago.

sounds good