John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

What is the WPA security passphrase on my wireless router

Customer Question

Good evening, John. What is the WPA security passphrase on my wireless router setting?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Which device are you talking about? Sorry!!!!
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Sorry, I see you are Pearl. My printer won't connect to my wifi. I have walked through the help steps on the printer and it says I need my WPA security passphrase that I entered (I entered my password), doesn't match my wireless router setting.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that should be it., Thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  PC_Wizzard replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

You can login to the router to get it or if your pc is connected to the wifi you can get it from the pc as well.

What operating system do u use?

• Right-click the network icon on the toolbar and select “open network and sharing center.”
  • In the resulting window, click “Change adapter settings,” right-click on the Wi-Fi network, and select “status” on the drop-down menu.
  • In the resulting pop-up window, select “Wireless Properties,” then click on the Security tab.
  • You should see a check box beside “show characters.” Check this box to reveal your password. (Note: Windows 10 refers to this as a network security key instead of a password.)