Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I have a Lexmark pro915 and I replaced the black cartridge

I have a Lexmark pro915 and I replaced the black cartridge yesterday when it stopped printing. Since then I have cleaned with a soft cloth the nozzle area. it still does not work and I am getting a printer error 1 message. ***@******.***
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Lexmark is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I purchased it in 2010 approx. Model Pro915 serial #(###) ###-####58
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC Windows 7 Lenovo with intel core i7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This just happened 2 days ago on April 15. I have been getting some grey squares randomly on the paper.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There was a smudge of dried on red and black ink when I cleaned the print head that was hard to remove.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Still giving me printhead error 1.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That cleaning seems to have taken care of the problem. Thanks a lot. I had to be gone for a while so I could not reply to you earlier. D Battin

Perfect!

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you