John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

E\ I am trying to change black ink cartridge. I purchased

Customer Question

e\ I am trying to change black ink cartridge. I purchased printer from Office Depot and at the time I purchased another cartridge. They gave me a 200 and when I tried to change it, printer did not recognize it. I just returned from Office depot with a 220 black cartridge and printer still not recognizing this one. Which one do I get?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: It is a Espon WorkForce Wf-2750 and I am using Epson cartridge (standard capacity)
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am printing from a PC and it worked fine before I had to change cartridge. I don't know what kind of operating system.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just started this past Saturday when I was trying to change cartridge.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what type of cartridge am I suppose to use. I did note that the cartridges that came with printer are 220-1. I asked about this at Office Depot and they told the 220 would work.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

The 220 is the correct cartridge

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's saying the print head may be clogged. Running the Nozzel Check before printing is recommended. I don't know how this can be have not used the printer very much. How do I run the Nozzel Check?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You got to be kidding. I am just going to return it to Office Depot because I purchased the protection warranty
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.