John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Just signed on to a cable network. My wireless PC works find

Customer Question

Just signed on to a cable network. My wireless PC works find with the networks wireless router but my Epsom 2540 wireless printer does not connect. I am trying to manual setup the printer as the auto setup feature does not work. What is the problem,?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a 2540 multi function printer bought 2 years ago.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Win 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just moved amd initiated my cable network this weekend. First try at printing was yesterday.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there suppose to be an automatic connect feature that connects you to any WiFi system the printer is used on?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the make / model of your new internet modem / router device?

Is there any error or message when going through the option Wi-Fi Setup -> Wi-Fi Setup Wizard on the printer's screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,