Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have an HP Photosmart Premium C310a printer. I just

Customer Question

I have an HP Photosmart Premium C310a printer. I just installed new ink cartridges but I now can't get any pages printed. I tried to do an alignment several times and each time I get alignment failed. Before installing new cartridges printing was fine until the ink ran out thus the new cartridges.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the model is c310a
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc, windows. Like I said, I printed things a couple of weeks ago, but the ink was running out so I replaced the cartridges.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been an issue just today when I replaced the cartridges.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 6 months ago.

If you are getting blank pages, when you try to print then, the first thing you should try to clean the printhead and not alignment, please follow the steps below to clean the printhead for 3 consecutive times and then, try to align the printhead, let me know,how it goes for you.

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Setup icon , and then touch Tools.

3. Touch Clean Cartridges.

If you are getting ink on the pages and still you are getting the alignment failed message then, follow the steps from the link below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-photosmart-premium-e-all-in-one-printer-series-c310/4023238/model/4231204/document/c02658559