Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Brother HL-5140 printer. When I try to print, first page…

Customer Question
Brother HL-5140 printer. When...

Brother HL-5140 printer. When I try to print, first page "crumples." I clear the jam from the front of the printer, but it happens again when I try the next print. I've tried looking for all the places in the printer there could be a jam but don't see anything (could be missing something).

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

"HL-5140 Laser Printer." Anything else I should look for? Maybe 7 years old?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Macbook Air, OS 10.12.3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A few months ago, but I stopped trying to use it then and am only getting back to it now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Toner light just went on, but the problem I describe above was there before the toner light went on.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
4/1/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Would it be OK If I connected and had a look?
Thanks
Kevin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Toner light is now off -- it wasn't fully engaged.Ok to connect
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just saw the charge for connecting -- I don't agree.