Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When i turn on the printer two lights are flashing the ones…

Customer Question
Hi, when i turn...

Hi, when i turn on the printer two lights are flashing the ones that usually indicate that ink is finished, which is not. When i try to print I get a message that says "There is a problem communicating with the printer. Make sure the printer is powered on and connected to the computer", the printer is connected to the computer and plugged in.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

No

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It happened two days ago, I was making copies everything was fine and then the lights start flashing and the printer stop making copies

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
4/1/2017
Technician: Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kris R
Kris R, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Would it be OK If I connected and had a look?
Thanks
Kevin

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Kevin,
ok

OK - you're on a MAC correct?

OK - Let me send the request is now OK?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sure

Let me know once accepted

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** paid $23. Easier to buy a new printer then

Do you want to continue without the remote assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we can try this

OK - it sounds like the printer is faulty hardware

Can you unplug it from power and hold the power button down for 30 seconds

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i did it

Please -reconenct and try again

If there's a software issue this will clear it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I reconnected it again. The lights keep flashing.

Sounds like the printer is goosed

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did that a few time last two days, didn't work

OK - I would suggest replacing the printer sorry

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you!

If you could rate me above so I get credit for my time it would be greatly appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is not a professional answer, Kevin. I paid money.

I know, however, I cannot fix a hardware issue I'm afraid.

Sorry.