Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a laptop hp want to connect my hp 8600 so it will…

Customer Question
I have a laptop...

I have a laptop hp want to connect my hp 8600 so it will prt. I have it pluged into laptop

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Prtr is a HP c j pro purchased in 2014

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

HP 2000

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

These two have never been c hooked together

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

I have another HP laptop that I have been using and it works with it.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
4/1/2017
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Which version of Windows are you running on the computer?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

You will need to install the software that is required for that printer on the computer. Once you do that, you will be able to print to it.

Click the following link and download the software from that page (click the red Download button): http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Officejet-Pro-8600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---N9/4322914/model/4323658

After you do that, run the software and install it. Once it is all installed, you will be good to go and it will work.

One quick note: I love helping you and others on this website. Please, keep in mind that I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Is there anything else I can help you with today? If so, please let me know. If that is all for now, please do not forget to rate my help on top of this page.
Thank you,
Jason