Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just purchased a HP OFFICEJET PRO 6970 all-in-one series…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a HP OFFICEJET PRO 6970 all-in-one series and the set-up cartridge is damaged, could you please send another to: ***** Box 356, Karnak IL 62956

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just purchased it Model 6970 All-In-One Series.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC don't know the OS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Right from the beginning.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
4/1/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com (not HP, but we offer advice for HP questions and problems for sure). My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me (since it affects the answer and the information I will give you for this problem):

- was the setup cartridge damaged in transit, in shipping? or was it damaged after the package had arrived and after you opened it?

- or, does it appear to have been faulty even before it was packed and shipped, i.e. defective from the manufacturer or seller?

What to do depends upon those details. Please use the Reply To Expert function to let me know, and I will answer your question. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It appears to have been faulty even before it was packed and shipped.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will I get a new set-up cartridge?

OK. Then you need to first contact the seller and report the problem, asking for a replacement. The seller being HP, directly selling you this printer and defective cartridge, perhaps? then you would contact HP, at

1(###) ###-####/p>

they should help you with this problem, and send you another.

Let me know if you need further help. Thanks.