Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Need to setup printer, hp envy 5663, dell windows 7, had a…

Customer Question
Need to setup printer ...

Need to setup printer

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hp envy 5663

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Dell windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Had a new modem installed

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you connect the printer to your new WiFi network ?

Are you there ? Waiting for your reply.

There are two ways to connect the printer to your WiFi network. One is by connecting to the WiFi on the printer itself and the other is by using your computer to setup Wireless on your printer.

Method 1 (on Printer itself):

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.
  2. On the printer control panel, select the Wireless icon .
    The Wireless Summary screen appears.
  3. Select Settings, and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.
  4. Follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Then you need to add it back to your PC. Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type control printers and press enter. From the resulting screen, select your printer model and click Remove Device.

Then click Add Printer and this will find your printer. Add it back.

Method 2 (using your computer):

On your computer, go to this website --> http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-5600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/6809225/model/8654994

Download the "HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer Series Full Feature Software and Drivers"

This will download the printer software. Open the printer software and follow the onscreen instructions to install it. At the end of installation it will ask you to setup Wireless connection.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.