Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Changed my wifi password on my computer and now my printer…

Customer Question
Changed my wifi password...

Changed my wifi password ***** my computer and now my printer is not connecting

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Imagesclass MFcdw

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Mf729cdw

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Dell lap top and I have to change my routers password ***** which I did this morning and it did not take the printer with it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

Just I have no clue about how this works

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
4/1/2017
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you reconnect the printer to your WiFi with new password ?

You need to reconnect the printer to your WiFi with new password.

On printer, In the Home screen, click the Setup button.

Select Device Settings

Select LAN Settings

Select Wireless LAN Setup > Standard Setup. This will find your new WiFI network. Select it and enter the password ***** needed. This will connect the printer to your new network.

Does it work now ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on home page there is no setup button only copy, fax. scan and memory media print

Don't you see Network Settings ?

On the Home screen, do you see Network Settings ? It may be on the second page

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I opened network settings

Choose Wireless LAN Setting > SSID Settings.

Does it find your WiFi ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
now it is asking me for the psk is that the new password
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
now it is asking for PSK. Is that the new password

Yes

How is it going ?

Hi there, I'm waiting for your reply. Were you able to connect to your WiFi ?

Do you still need help with this ?