Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon pixma 1700 printer. The printer sends a

Customer Question
I have a Canon...

I have a Canon pixma 1700 printer. The printer sends a message to my screen that says paper is jammed and so the green and yellow lights are flashing. However, I cannot find any jammed paper! What can I do/ HELP!

Technician's Assistant: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

NO1 I think the printer is four years old.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC AOL

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It has been doing this for 1 day. I installed new ink two days ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

I nned to print an airline boarding pass in the next two days! Help!

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
3/21/2017
Technician: Jay D, Computer Engineer replied 1 year ago
Jay D
Jay D, Computer Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

if you can't se a jam it may just be a software issue that we can reset. Please disconnect/unplug power from the printer for 30m and then reconnect and switch on. Try this and let me know if it still has a problem. Jay

Hi how did you get on with this?