Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Printer says wont print oficio paper, dint know what I did…

Customer Question
Printer says wont print...

Printer says wont print oficio paper, dint know what I did to bring this up I want it out.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hewlett Packard Office Jet 6815 with print, scan, fax web

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Pc

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A couple days I was printing and changed to 2 sided and it happened.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing has changed from the above
3/21/2017
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 1 year ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Are you able to copy like Xerox without using the computer?

May I know the operating system you are using? Is it Windows 7?

How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. stuck on 2 sided paper and asks for oficio paper
Yes windows 7
Wireless

Please turn off the paper, unplug all its cables and wait for two minutes.

Then, restart the printer and try again. let me know the response.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi...we just disconnected and did as you asked...tried it again...still stuck on 2 sided and asking for Oficia paper only

Please try following the instructions in the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-6800-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5390300/model/5401642/document/c03275134/

If the issue persists, let me access your computer remotely.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It prints just fine from computer....its COPY from the printer that is not working..I was COPYING....I changed to 2 sided and that's when it went wrong

Have you tried changing the settings to 1 sided printing?

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
YESSSSSS we have tried that's the problem..its stuck on 2 sided

1. Remove any items from the scanner glass and automatic document feeder (ADF), then close the scanner lid.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.

3. Wait at least 60 seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into a wall outlet.

note:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the printer.

6. Load the original document or photo, then try to copy.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have done that....it does not change

If so,

1. On the printer control panel, touch or press the Setup or Settings button or icon.

2. Select Paper Setup, and then select Def. paper size.

3. Select the paper size that is in the input tray, and then press the OK button.

4. Try to copy again.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have done that..it wont allow me to change and says I need Oficia paper...It is stuck on 2 sided!!!

Are you sure that you have loaded paper in ADF and flatbed to complete the copying?

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
YESSS

Are you able to cancel the copy using the x button that you see on the printer?

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No X button comes up......cant even get to the print stage

Please turn off the printer and unplug the power cable.

Press and hold the power button for a minutes.

Then, release the power button and wait for one more minute.

Then, restart the printer and check if the issue persists.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still will not copy says need to use Oficio paper...wont let us change to anything else

In Copy Settings, try selecting Restore settings. Let me know the result.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have done that..it does not work.This is not working..I am NOT SATISFIED....please cancel and charges...

1. Press the "Go Back" (looks like an arrow) button 5 times in a row
  2. Press Support Menu
  3. Hit the > button to "Reset" Menu
  4. Hit the > button to Semi-Full Reset

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It will not allow
PLEASE CANCEL ALL CHARGES...am not satisfied!!!

I will open the question for other experts. Let us check if they have an answer.

Thank you.