Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My 8040 printer with Neat stopped working. It appears that I…

Customer Question
Hi John my...

Hi John my 8040 printer with Neat stopped working. It appears that I am not connected any longer

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

8040 series with Neat. Purchased 9 months ago

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC Last or updated OS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Via printer codes it told me to go to Hhp.com/go/oj8040hd and follow instructions and then type in QLBQ-JRVP-UJXYXZ-U6TM7S

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

No - Please make it work!!!!!!!!!! I am old and this is a new world!!!!!!

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
3/21/2017
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 1 year ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

I will help you now.

Are you trying to connect this printer over a wireless network, or with a USB cable direct to computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wireless
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why can you not connect?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
status update please
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you tell me the problem? why can you not connect? can you help me online?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is your answer to all of my questions the same:"Sorry, the Technician can’t connect for a Secure Remote Assistance right now, but is still available for this online conversation. You have not been charged for the Secure Remote Assistance."You can not tell me why you can not connect or what you can do to help me online

Sorry for the delay. I had gone offline after you replied. I can provide remote service, and this would be the best way to fix for you. Please let me know when you are available. Again, sorry about the delay in response.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you ready to fix my problem

Yes, you had replied about 20 minutes after I replied and so I had gone offline.

can you please re-send your request for remote services? the offer has expired. thanks.

John, Computer Science Engineer