Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a brother mfc7340 that I have installed a new drum in…

Customer Question
I have a brother...

I have a brother mfc7340 that I have installed a new drum in and I need to get it going from there.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?

Brother mfc7340 , not sure on the age 5 +

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

This is a stand alone copy machine

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A few days, it said drum error. I have installed a new drum before, but it is not letting me copy

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?

No, just how to get rid of the error message so I can continue

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
3/21/2017
Technician: Robert French,
 replied 1 year ago
Robert French

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today.

This is usually due to not remembering to reset the drum counter. Please try the below steps and let me know if that helped.

Make usre the machine is turned on.

Open the front cover

Press Clear or Clear/Black on the control panel

Do one of the following.

• If your Brother machine has a numeric keypad:
    Press 1 to reset the drum counter.
  • If your Brother machine doesn't have a numeric keypad:
    Press the Up Arrow Key to reset the drum counter.
  • When the LCD shows Accepted, close the front cover.
Technician: Robert French,
 replied 1 year ago

Just checking to see if you needed any more help with this question or if that answered your question. Also, I would appreciate it if you could rate your experience.

Thank you,

Robert

Technician: Robert French,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello, just checking again to see if that answered your question or if you need anymore help. If that answered your question, I would really appreciate it if you could rate your experience with me.

Thank you,

Robert