Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

W can i initialize a n unused epson pm260 printer without

Customer Question

w can i initialize a n unused epson pm260 printer without the starter cartridge?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I don't know if its the old or new model
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc win 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I received the printer in new condition but without the starter cartridge, i have tried a new cartridge but it comes up with an error message
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The new cartridge is an epson, not generic
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

No you cannot use the printer without engaging or filling in all the cartridges in its carriage as it has sensors which senses the ink cartridges and then the proceed to print.

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. In case the problem still persist or you have more question then simply use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button on justanswer email and I will be happy to answer your question. Thank you