John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a HP6960 printer and was going to install it on my

Customer Question

I have a HP6960 printer and was going to install it on my laptop. They asked for the WPS PIN and I cannot find it. Can you tell me where that is located.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 approximately 1 week old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It is a Toshiba laptop running Windows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: When I purchased the printer I installed it on my desktop with no problem. I occasionally use a laptop and the problem arose when I tried to install the printer onto the laptop. No previous problem that I know.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I know of.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The WPS pin is usually located on the router. It is on a sticker and it can be found one of the sides or top/bottom of the device.

Did you find it?