crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

I just bought an Epson v600 to scan slides and negatives.

Customer Question

I just bought an Epson v600 to scan slides and negatives. When it scans the slides it crops them, losing some of the image. In the "normal" setting I can see the whole image but they cannot be separated. In the Professional mode and the "thumbnail" setting they are separated but the image is cropped. I've tried goint to "configuration" and changing the Thumbnail Cropping Area to "large" but it doesn't help.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: My Epson is a V600 Photo and is about three days old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, with windows X
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing "popped up". When I started scanning my slides I found that they are cropped, losing some of the image. The actual slide image is square but scanned image is cropped.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Otherwise it seems to be working fine.
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Let's try downloading the latest version of Epson Scan and use that program to scan.

Click here: http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FileDetails.aspx?lng=en-IE&data=ntiBNCy6p2WGlrfTPm4LnsnypDhQR26j&id=376032

Click on Proceed to Download

Run the downloaded program to install then use that program to try scanning and let me know the result

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.