Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

440CN printer is not printing clearly. All ink is new, The…

Customer Question
440CN printer is not...

440CN printer is not printing clearly. All ink is new

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

The make is Brother a # on the printer is 440CN. I think it is about 15yrs

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

PC

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About 4 weeks. Printer said need yellow. I replaced all inks 2 days ago

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
2/6/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I printed the same article twice. Better second time....I can read your reply but the blue/green is showing up as a very, very pale yellow

Thanks
Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.
then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.
Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.
Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes
Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thank you. I think the printer is just to old for that.

To clean it? No, not at all, it can be cleaned in the method I told you