Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I cant find where to cancel printing on the Canon Mx922, no,

Customer Question

i cant find where to cancel printing on the Canon Mx922
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: no
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: lenovo
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it says to cancel print then turn off the device and turn it back on just trying to set it up today
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: support code says C000 if that helps solve the issue
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Cancel can be done from the pink stop/cancel button on the printer, or if printed from computer go to your devices/printers folder, click the canon then "see whats printing" to view the print queue and right click the items to cancel them.

Regarding the C000 though, this is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Then remove the input paper supply.

Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage. Next take a piece of heavy paper like card stock and push that through the rollers (feed path) to dislodge any last bits of paper that may be stuck.

Slide the paper guides to the center then back out, fan the front edge of the paper stack, and replace the paper supply.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.