John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon PIXMA MX410 which was set up on my computer

Customer Question

I have a Canon PIXMA MX410 which was set up on my computer using Windows 7. I have since upgraded to Windows 10. When I connect my computer to the printer, the printer does not respond. What effect has the upgrade had??
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I have always been able to print using a cable.. Last year I was unable to use wireless, but I still could print using the cable. I change my wireless modem (Comcast) every year; therefor I have a new wireless network designation each year. The printer is about 8 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC (laptop) Windows 10 (I hope that is an operating system-I am computer illiterate)
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Every thing worked fine with a cable hookup last May when we left. The issue is a week old
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What do I do to get my printer connected to my computer
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

Did the problem start after upgrading to Windows 10?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not being able to connect the computer to the printer started after upgrading to Windows 10. Having to use the cable and not being able to print from a remote location started at least last year.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would prefer to try and fix this without you remotely accessing my computer

Sorry for the delay. Do you still need help with this issue?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I no longer need any help from this web site. The answer turned out to be very simple "Upload the latest manual from the cannon website" and didn't require any expenditure. NOT SATISFIED WITH SERVICE