John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

PRINTS FROM THE COMPUTER AND FROM THE STACK, HOW DO I GET IT

Customer Question

PRINTS FROM THE COMPUTER AND FROM THE STACK, HOW DO I GET IT TO PRINT FROM THE PLATEN BROTHER MFC-L2700dw
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: BROTHER mfc-l2700dw NEW, I JUST SET IT UP.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC I DON'T KNOW os
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: JUST SET IT UP HOURS AGO tHE ISSUE HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me, what 'printing from the platen' means. Modern printers have no platens, you see, so that phrase means very little to me, at this end.

With that info, I will proceed to advise you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
SORRY - I USED A WRONG TERM I AM REFERRING TO THE GLASS ON WHICH ONE PUTS THE DOCUMENT TO BE COPIED AFTER LIFTING THE LID.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
DOES THE $ INSURE YOU CAN FIX IT?

OK! now I understand. Thanks for the clarification.

Press the COPY button (it has a page-and-page logo on it.)

Enter the number of copies you want (or if it reads 0 or 1 already, and 1 copy is what you want, you can just leave that setting alone.)

And press START (or maybe, first, choose options for copying... but that's basically it.)

Do those instructions work, when you follow them? if not, what shows up on the printer when the operation stalls or fails ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
SORRY I HAVE TO GIVE UP ON THIS AFTER 5 HOURS STUDYING WEBSITES, CHAT WITH "EXPERT" FROM BROTHER. I GUESS IT'S BACK TO BEST BUY FOR A RETURN. MANY THANKS APPRECIATED

Do those instructions work? if they don't, take the printer back, and ask for a return/exchange, by all means.

Before you go, please rate my answer. Thanks.