John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have just bought a Canon PIXMA MG3650 All-in-One (white)

Customer Question

I have just bought a Canon PIXMA MG3650 All-in-One (white) printer which I have been trying to set up (which I have done twice now). When I try either to print a test page, or print something from my laptop (which is an Acer AspireV15 Nitro - Black edition and is running Windows 8.1), all I get is a blank page or a message saying: "Printer needs user intervention. 'Canon MG3600 series Printer' has a problem which requires your intervention." I have tried looking in the Troubleshooter section of the Manual, but got no luck there, so I tried asking it to diagnose itself, which it did and mended the problem (which was some unprinted documents that I thought that I had deleted). So I tried printing again and still no result. It either won't start printing or it dishes out blank sheets of paper. I was wondering if it is compatible with my windows programme. Please can you help me? Signed a very desperate woman from Intake in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No, I only bought it on Thursday, 5th January 2017 from Currys here in the United Kingdom.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am using a PC and it's OS is Windows 8.1.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just today as this is the first time that I have tried installing it in my laptop since I bought it.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't think so. Thank you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  PC_Wizzard replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

If you already have the printer drivers installed on your computer, we will want to verify that the printer is not set to be offline. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. On your keyboard, hold the Windows key and press " X ".
2. Click CONTROL PANEL.
3. Select DEVICES AND PRINTERS. The Devices and printers window opens.
4. Right-click over the icon for your PIXMA MG3222, then select SEE WHAT'S PRINTING.
5. Go up to the PRINTER menu and if there are any documents in the queue, please select the CANCEL ALL DOCUMENTS option. If prompted if you are sure, please confirm that you are sure to clear the documents out of the window.
6. Go up to the PRINTER menu again and if USE PRINTER OFFLINE or PAUSE PRINTING is selected (with a checkmark beside it), please click on it to unselect it.
7. Attempt to print again.

If printer drivers not installed please download and install it by clicking the link below.

http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100669101.html

and click on Download Now