Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I need to know how to replace my 4 ink tanks in the printer,

Customer Question
I need to know how...
I need to know how to replace my 4 ink tanks in the printer, I have 2 in, the yellow and the M color, I can;t get the tanks to move to replace the other 2
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer?
Customer: Cannon Maxify 1200
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I have a apple computer
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I am just having this problem, I have change two of the tanks before, and every thing worked okay. I just need to be able to get the other tanks into position.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
1/9/2017
Technician: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 10 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Below are general instructions for replacing the ink tanks. these instructions assume that you have received a message to replace the ink:

1. Make sure that the power is turned on, then open the front cover.

The replaceable ink tank is displayed on the touch screen and the print head holder (A) moves to the replacement position of that ink tank.

Caution

• Do not hold the print head holder to stop or move it forcibly. Do not touch the print head holder until it stops completely.

Important

• Do not remove an ink tank until a new one is prepared to be installed.

• Once you remove an ink tank, the machine will not operate until a new one is installed.
      • Once you remove an ink tank, the machine will not operate even if the removed ink tank is just reinstalled.
    • You cannot remove the ink tank which is not placed at the replacement position. Removing it forcibly may cause the machine to malfunction or damage the machine.
    • Do not touch the metallic parts or other parts inside the machine.
    • If the front cover is left open for more than 60 minutes, the print head holder moves to the right. In this case, close and reopen the front cover.

Note

• If the message for the ink tank replacement is displayed on the touch screen, check it and then tap OK.
  2. When an ink tank for replacement is displayed on the touch screen, push up the ink tank eject lever (B).

The ink tank will be ejected.

When you want to replace another ink tank, tap Next to display the screen for the ink tank to replace.

Important

• Place the removed ink tank into a plastic bag immediately after removing from the machine.Otherwise, ink residue may stain your clothes or the surrounding area.
    • Do not touch other parts besides the ink tanks.
    • Discard the empty ink tank according to the local laws and regulations regarding disposal of consumables.
    • Handle the ink tanks carefully. Do not drop or apply excessive pressure to them.
  3. Remove the ink tank from the package.

Important

• Do not touch the contact (C) and joint (D) of the ink tank.

4. Insert a new ink tank aligning it with the installation guide (E) of the machine.

Important

• You cannot insert the ink tank in the wrong position. Check the label under the installation position, then install the ink tank in the correct position.
  5. Push the ink tank until it snaps firmly into place.

6. Tap Exit on the touch screen.

If Next is displayed on the screen, it means there is another ink tank that can be replaced.

If you want to replace this ink tank, tap Next and then repeat procedures from step 2.

To exit the ink tank replacement, tap Next until Exit is displayed on the screen.

The print head holder moves to the standby position. You cannot remove the ink tank while at this position.

Important

• You cannot print unless all the ink tanks are installed. Be sure to install all the ink tanks.
    • An installed ink tank cannot be removed until the message to replace it is displayed.
  7. Close the front cover.

After replacing the ink tanks, the machine starts mixing the ink automatically. Wait until the machine has stopped making operating noise. (This takes about 1 to 2 minutes.)

Note

• If the error message appears on the touch screen, take appropriate action.

• If the print head is out of alignment, as indicated by misaligned printed ruled lines or similar symptoms, align the print head.
    • The machine may make noise during operation.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist