crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

Can not print after changing printer with replacement ink

Customer Question

Can not print after changing printer with replacement ink cartridges. This is not the first time we've used the replacement ones. Error code E05. I've tried to reset multiple times
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: Canon MP495 CL-211XL
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: 210XL PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: First time that I've noticed it. It wouldn't remove the ink low light when I had the one changed but would still print
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 6 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Are you using FINE Cartridges (from Canon)?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, we have replacement ones in. We tried them before and did fine.

I understand but the replacement cartridge could be damaged even though they worked previously without any issues. For example, you could have a brand new printer stop working on the first day that you receive it or you could have a printer that worked for 364 straight days then fail on the next day; previous results do not always determine the current results with electronics.

The E05 error means there is an issue with the cartridge contacts on the bottom. The only thing that you can try is to wipe the contacts on the cartridge to see if it clears the issue and if it does not, you will need to replace the cartridge. With that being said, please try this:

Remove the cartridge and try cleaning it off with a tissue. I am attaching an image to show where the contacts are on the cartridge

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.