John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just installed Epson XP425 printer and scanner software

Customer Question

I just installed Epson XP425 printer and scanner software successfully on my Apple computer. there were no diagnostics saying anything failed. The laptop has found the printer wirelessly via my home wifi and I have successfully printed to the printer, however the scanner is not recognised by the laptop when I open the scanner software, it says no scanner identified. I have tried restarting scanner/printer...it picks up my old Windows PC as I have scanned before from the 425 to my previous PC. why isn't the new Apple with Epson 425 software picking up the signal and communicating with the scanner device?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1 yr old and XP-425
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: brand new Apple MacBook Air
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: as I said above, I just got the Apple laptop and I have been loading applications onto it. I successfully downloaded the Epson printer and the Epson scanner software and they show up in my download and shared devices. The printer function works wirelessly abut no apparent scanner connection??
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

To check, you are using the epson scan software correct?

If you Open Image Capture by clicking Launchpad in the Dock and typing Image Capture in the search field.

Can you scan via this?