Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a MFC-J480DW that I can't get connected with my MAC

Customer Question
I have a MFC-J480DW that...
I have a MFC-J480DW that I can't get connected with my MAC laptop. I do not have a hard-drive computer anymore, just my laptop connected with WI-FI. There is a CD Rom that came with the printer; does that need to be downloaded in order to connect? I do not have a CD Rom opening on my laptop.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I just got it. Serial Number is *****
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: MAC laptop. Not sure on the OS. I am at work and do not have my laptop with me.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't been able to use it since I got it in December.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Printers
1/9/2017
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 10 months ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

You will need to perform the installation and to do this you can download the installation program from my link below instead of using the disk.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcj480dw_us_eu_as

Select which Mac OSX you have, Click this link to find out if you're not sure http://whatsmyos.com

Then download the full driver and software package and run it to perform the installation

Let me know please how you go.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I have offered this as you requested, please accept

I am at work right now; I won’t be home till late. Not sure how late you work. I see you can log unto my computer maybe and download that for me? Or did I read that wrong?

yes I can connect and set this up for you if you wish, you need to accept the offer and I can

Richard, Technician