Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I did a stupid thing and put black ink in my ET-4550 without

Customer Question

I did a stupid thing and put black ink in my ET-4550 without hitting any reset buttons beforehand. Now what do I do?
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: It's an ET-4550 and it's a few years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It's a pc windows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just happened now. My husband usually does this but he isn't around. I was notified that black ink was very low, it wouldn't continue to print. I just added the ink without doing anything else.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

This printer can auto detect the ink levels, it is just frozen on the out level in your case.

To fix that we can reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.