John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Since I installed a new print cartridge over a week ago,

Customer Question

Since I installed a new print cartridge over a week ago, nothing has gone right. My computer was locked and I have to take it to an IT dept at work.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I have an additional laptop and thought that I had connected it to the computer, but the wireless connection was sporadic and when it printed it only printed partial parts of documents. Today I connected it to an ethernet connection and crossed my fingers but now only the first page of a document will print. I have used diagnostics and downloaded and used stuff from HP ("printer doctor") and I am still screwed.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is a LasetJet Pro MFP M127fw. Probably 4 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, windows 10 (other computer was Windows7)
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I wish that I knew. Aside from a new print cartrige, nothing. This is in the context of computer failure,m changing to a new one with Windpws 10.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That I have become despondent ok
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.
I will help you now.

What exactly is going on with the printer right now? Does it print at all?