John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

IJ Model MG5765 stalls at installing .Net Framework 4 Client

Customer Question

IJ Model MG5765 stalls at installing .Net Framework 4 Client Profile. Verification part goes through OK and small circle of green rotating dots is visible at RH End of installation progress.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Canon IJ Model MG5765 purchased 23-6-16. I am installing onto another PC to take an older one out of service. The older one and another PC work fine and had no install issues and work fine over WIFI. All are running win 7. Do not recall seeing .Net Framework 4 Client Profile at previous installs. With this one I wanted to select direct WIFI connection but software would only allow via router option. This all worked ok though including test page print until it got to software install and the Net Framework install stalls. Also have tried USB connection install and it tests OK by stalls on install of Net Framework. Have been using latest install software downloaded yesterday afternoon.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC is Toshiba Satellite L750 Win 7 Home Premium with SP1, 350GB Spare on HDD, 64Bit System, 8GB Ram. Office 2007 is installed.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This issue started yesterday afternoon when I went to install the printer onto this PC.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is about it thanks. My Name is Errol
Category: Printers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 6 months ago.

Dear Errol,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too because JustAnswer is an A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen, and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.
Should you not be interested in this option and would like to solve the problem via this text-based chat instead, just let me know.

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello and Thanks for your reply Lorenz.
Unfortunately I prefer not to allow direct access. This is a blanket decision I have made and certainly not directed at you personally.
Can we please try by text and see how we go.