John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a lexmark C912 that I recently replaced color toner

Customer Question

I have a lexmark C912 that I recently replaced color toner cartridges on. The printer does not acknowledge that the toner has been replaced and does not update the amount remaining.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Lexmark is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: C912, and at least 10years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The printer is a used, repurposed printer at a Church - It came with existing toner, but with limited life left. When the yellow toner started giving a low warning I ordered and replaced the toner cartridges with new ones from lexmark. The low warning has continued, and now has progressed to empty on the yellow. The other colors have not updated to reflect new cartridges either.\
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No - I am guessing that I need to locate a firmware update, but it is a guess. I should add that the printer is in a church w/o internet, and I am not at that location.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Disregard. In my ignorance I replace the photo developer cartridges, not the toner cartridge. The error message is correct.
Expert:  Jesse Brower replied 9 months ago.

Are you all set now?