Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

This printer XP830 is still undef warranty but refuses to

Customer Question

This printer XP830 is still undef warranty but refuses to print stATING that I need to replace the 410XL black cartridge. I have put three new cartridges in. still refuses to print
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: printer is a epson xp-830. i am using epson 410xl cartridge
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: computer is a mac. 10.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i have been using this printer for a few months, no problems. unable to print for a month. no issues before this popped up
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't think so
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 6 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.

If any of the cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>