Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I have XP-432 printer. I am trying to change ink cartridge.

Customer Question

I have XP-432 printer. I am trying to change ink cartridge. Cartridge holder does not move to replacement position. How do I select"Setup. etc?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: C462T XP-432
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: New Printer. Have changed the Black without problem a few weeks ago. Using Epson cartridges.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO This is my 3rd Epson printer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement:
Press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.
Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)
Open the cartridge cover
Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.
Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.
Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.
Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.
Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.
Close the scanner unit.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,