John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I need scanning directions for Canon MG6620 printer. I can't

Customer Question

I need scanning directions for Canon MG6620 printer. I can't get it to scan.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: We bought it new last February. Only scanned once before last Spring.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10 HP
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Just today. We need to scan some real estate papers so we can email them to our realtor.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We bought the PC 7 years ago Laptop Printer and copier work.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try using the programs 'Canon Scan' or else 'MP Navigator EX', on your computer.

One or the other should have been provided for your use, and is the standard for directing and initiating a scan operation on this Canon model.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This did not work. I have already paid $23 for no help. I would like this fixed but I do not want to pay an extra $39

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

What did not work? please be more specific. I understand that you are frustrated by the problem but please recall: I cannot help you much if I don't know what's going on at your end.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I hit start after hitting scan etc it just says processing but nothing happens after that

I see. Are you trying to do a scan from the printer itself, in other words, using the printer's own physical control panel and buttons ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Try doing a scan from the computer instead. It is more likely to work.

As I said, use either the Canon Scan software program, or (if it was supplied with this printer) the Canon MP Navigator EX software.