Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Its not my computer its my printer. I cant gt it to connect

Customer Question
to the internet JA: Have you...
Its not my computer its my printer. I cant gt it to connect to the internet
JA: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?
Customer: How do I do that
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
1/7/2017
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What make and model of printer is it, please?

Are you trying to connect it to the Google Cloud, to use as a Cloud printer? or for some other purpose?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Connect to the internet. It is installed on my computer. It is hp 5660

Do you want it to connect to the internet through your computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It may be my modem I want to see if you can help me before signing up for 39.00

OK.

What happens when you try to connect it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It wont connect. I have ran thru most of the different instructions

How are you trying to connect it?

And is it connected by a USB cable to your PC?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wireless

Is your computer connected to, and using, the wireless then?

If so, then the wireless works and you know what its WiFi passphrase or password *****

But, when you enter that passphrase on the printer, to connect the printer to the router or modem, are you observing the difference between UPPER-CASE and lower-case letters in the password? you have to, even on a printer, in order to get it connected properly to WiFi networking.

Try it again - if the 'keyboard' on the printer looks all-UPPER-CASE, or all-lower-case, then there's a Shift key on that 'keyboard' that you may have to use to switch to the other case, as needed for each character.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its not excepting my passcode

Does your passcode have UPPER CASE letters in it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it is my cellphone number

And nothing else? no - characters, for instance?

John, Computer Science Engineer