John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an HP photosmart 7520. Over the past year my black

Customer Question

I have an HP photosmart 7520. Over the past year my black cartridge has produced fewer and fewer prints before it has needed to be replaced. I just put in a new cartridge and nothing printed. The ink levels show my black photo cartridge as empty and the yellow icon indicates it needs to be changed. I never have used the photo cartridge. Do I need to change that in order for the black print cartridge to work, or is there something else wrong that prevents the new cartridge from working?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought it from HP several years ago. It's the photosmart 7520 as I wrote above.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC and Windows 10. It won't make copies independent of computer printing.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This just happened, as I just put in the new black cartridge yesterday.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please