Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

Well i woud like to know when printing there somr smuges on

Customer Question

Well i woud like to know when printing there somr smuges on the sides of paper like blue and yellow
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its is about 2 years old and its a lexmark XS748de
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PCwindowa
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: well someone changed a cartridge and all of a sudden this strated happening
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: know that is all the problem i have for now
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am sending you a print out of what i mean, they are mark and circled. We have 2 of thse printers the print ou im sending you is with these colors and the other printer is with Magenta, black and somtimes blue and yellow. Thank you i will be waiting fro a response, by e-mail please because i am at work and the cellulare phones don't work here. Thank You Benoit.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please put a different toner cartridge into the printer.

Once done, tell me please how it prints with this

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This did not work, changing the toner cartridge did not work the smudges are still there. Thank You.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thanks

Can you remove the toner from the printer then power it off and open it up

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer, all; rollers and areas where the paper feeds

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Well i did what you asked and still does the same think, i wipe all of the Inside powered it back up and tried, still have smuges. Thanks anyways.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Thank you

It is the internal ink system that has faulted and is leaking

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you