crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

This is a HP 6500 officejet wireless printer, getting older,

Customer Question

This is a HP 6500 officejet wireless printer, getting older, but worked great until yesterday. Put in new ink cartridges, but no print shows up on the page.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Will a serial number help to date it?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, microsoft
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Happened night before last, I though I'd put in old ink so went to buy new. what comes out of the page is VERY faint. Looks like it's sending but to faint to read once it comes out.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hoe much are the printer's services?
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please open the lid and remove the ink cartridges. Now, double check that there is no tape still left on the cartridge and insert them back into your printer again. Close the lid and try printing now.

Do you still have the issue?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It it printing oddly, has green stripes and other colors in the slides. Not a neat clean print.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Let me try printing a little more, maybe it will clean up. hang on.please.

Sure; no problem.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Am printing a PPT file which seems to be improving with each slide. There are lined smudges at the top of some of the slides early on but not now. there was no tape on the cartridges. What happened?

It could have been that the cartridges were not "seated" properly in the carriage so it was creating an issue. Also, you can try cleaning the printhead to see if that will help. Click here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01661383

If you have anymore questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.