John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It goes to sleep and when I want to print, it states that it

Customer Question

It goes to sleep and when I want to print, it states that it is "offline"! How do I get it to wake up?
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Just got it last week for Christmas. It is the MFC-L2700DW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: this ahs been happening ever since we got it. If we leave it for a day 9or any length of time) is goed into "deep sleep". Then when we try to ptint it does what I described to you and gives the error that it is offline.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The big question is how do I get it to wake up. Or is it defective?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

To correct the connection problem with your printer, you need to remove your print server icon, uninstall your printer software, restart your computer, and download and install the latest complete printer drivers from the official manufacturer's website. This must be done on each computer on your printer network. I can show you how to do this in detail. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.