John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a officejet 6960 with scanner. It says it is not

Customer Question

I have a officejet 6960 with scanner. It says it is not reading the computer with the scanner. How do I make that work?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your OfficeJet is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: less than 1 month
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC office 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: first time I have tried to scan. The copier worked fine.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should do. Not sure how to see if scanner portion loaded. Thank you
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 9 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no more payment. I will go back to the store

No problem. I will opt out.

Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Your best course of action is to get assistance here online. The sales and service associates at the store are unable to help with this problem, because it involves system test and integration with your home computer network. This is what I specialize in. I can definitely help yo install your printer software properly in place at your home, so that your printer and your scanner will work on your home network. Please let me know when you are online and ready to continue.