Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

It won't print. I keep getting a user intervention message,

Customer Question

It won't print. I keep getting a user intervention message
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Pixma Mg3000 series
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: actually since I installed it a couple of weeks ago. sometimes it will print but very seldom.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that I am an old lady and not real computer savy so they will need to talk like they are talking to an idoit
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

the first thing to check is if there is a message on the screen on the printer itself

user intervention usually means that there is something that needs to be done to the printer itself even if it is just loading paper in it.

but it should say what it is on the printer.

get back to me and tell me if it has any messages on the screen of the printer and what they say please.