Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Second opinion] unable to print 50 in Brother MFC-J4420DWJA:

Customer Question

Second opinion] unable to print 50 in Brother MFC-J4420DWJA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?Customer: it isn't old maybe one year in useJA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?Customer: window 10JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?Customer: one weekJA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?Customer: no just help to fix this issue
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is a severe error code. But sometimes it can be treated and fixed by a few simple actions.

First:

Open the top cover as if replacing ink cartridges, so that the locking arm at the left holds up the top cover.

Like this: https://help.brother-usa.com/euf/assets/themes/CCOE/BHS13/Hardware/MFCJ4510DWOpenScannerCover.jpg

Examine the interior of the printer for paper scraps, loose parts, paper clips or staples, etc.

If the cartridge carriage is over to the right, press and hold down the red X button for about 5 seconds, then release it. The carriage should move to the center (or try to at least.) Then you can examine to the right inside the printer and remove and scraps or obstructions.

Close the top cover again after having done this.

Turn the printer around, open the rear cover and examine for and remove any paper or paper scraps however small.

Then close the rear cover.

And then unplug the machine, and leave it unplugged from power for at least 15 minutes, or longer.

After which, try the machine again, plug it in and run a one-page photocopy from it if possible, to test it.

If that cures it, it is rare but a reason to be glad.

If the error message persists, you have a severe problem with the printer, that will require that the printer be service-repaired. It would be well to check whether it is less than a year from purchase date and take care of taking it to repair promptly, since the warranty runs out a year after purchase date, and warranty servicing is free-of-charge.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the issue still exist and I don't know what to do?

If you give me your zip-code, I can look up and list for you, contact information for Brother authorized service centers in your region, that could help with the problem.